Part 1: Collecting data
Stage 2 of your SGP involves you collecting all the information and data you will need to complete a report on your assignment (you will do the actual report in Stage 3). You will record your datadigitally, for example in a One Note file. Your folder should be divided into two main sections: Primary Data and Secondary Data. At this stage you will only have to analyse the information you find at a fairly basic level.
Part 2: Oral Presentation
Stage 2 also involves giving a brief speech on your topic and your findings. In your speech you need to cover the following topics:
- What is your research topic?
- What are the key research questions you are investigating?
- What are the research methods you have used?
- What primary information have you gathered?
- What secondary information have you gathered?
- What conclusions can you make so far about your research?
Your speech must go for 4-6 minutes. You must entertain the class and make sure your speech is interesting and informative. You should use overheads, a PowerPoint, video, posters or other visual stimulus during your presentation.
Deputy Principal at a Sydney high school. Coordinating author of the Geoactive text book series.