BYOD Project - E-Learning
What is E-learning?
E-learning is supporting learning through electronic (online) material. Students are able to access resources anytime and any place as long as they have access to the internet. E-learning can involve students accessing digital resources in class, just at home, or a combination of both. It can include videos, audio, interactive websites, online forums as well as text and images. It can incorporate mobile devices (phones, ipads, tablets).
How could we use E-learning?
- Subject – specific resources
- Cross-curriculum projects
- Welfare/Wellbeing resources
- Library resources
- Professional Learning for staff
- Online courses/information for parents
What are the issues related to introducing E-learning?
- Staff training
- Staff time and enthusiasm
- Copyright issues - images, music, video, diagrams, etc
- Quality control
- Student access - across devices, using DEC internet
- Marketing the school
- Maintaining a competitive edge (seniors) - some people may be reluctant to share their senior resources.
There are a range of options that can be used to introduce E-learning:
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Deputy Principal at a Sydney high school. Coordinating author of the Geoactive text book series.